First do no harm: Read the bill or issue completely and understand the total impact and potential consequences.
- Why is this bill or proposed law necessary? Is there a non-governmental solution to the problem?
- What is the potential savings or cost to taxpayers?
- What is the potential savings or cost to private businesses and private citizens?
- Does this bill grow or shrink the size of government?
- Does this bill increase or decrease personal liberty and freedom?
- Does this bill increase or decrease free market competition and consumer choice?
- What is the specific effect of this bill on our district? Our state? Our country?
Follow Tim on Twitter
- More unintended consequences of government mandates on business.... https://t.co/PsR8N5psNE 15 hours
- On June 9th, HB17-1313 was signed into law, making changes in Colorado to Civil Asset Forfeiture to provide more... https://t.co/4pKIVdi9Ru 17 hours
- Another government-mandated "solution" with negative consequences for those it was supposed to help. https://t.co/cCuexwls2x 17 hours