First do no harm: Read the bill or issue completely and understand the total impact and potential consequences.
- Why is this bill or proposed law necessary? Is there a non-governmental solution to the problem?
- What is the potential savings or cost to taxpayers?
- What is the potential savings or cost to private businesses and private citizens?
- Does this bill grow or shrink the size of government?
- Does this bill increase or decrease personal liberty and freedom?
- Does this bill increase or decrease free market competition and consumer choice?
- What is the specific effect of this bill on our district? Our state? Our country?
Follow Tim on Twitter
- RT @TinaFrancone: Jeffco GOP picks RTD director Tina Francone as next commissioner https://t.co/y9oKncfGww via @denverpost 1 day
- RT @PatrickForCO: My girls said the pledge for the State House this morning. #cutealert #blessed #coleg https://t.co/OPuViFIGzo 1 week
- Wednesday was the first day of the 2018 Legislative Session and Colorado Legislators have an opportunity to do... https://t.co/x9TIbAN8RK 1 week